Not that it’s been an exactly taxing week, but I’m thrilled it’s Friday. It’s been a weird one. I’ve been moody and anxious and have managed to send a few SMS’s and emails with bite … and then felt some remorse after pushing the send button. I had a certifiably shit practice this morning – there was ice (ICE) on my windscreen this morning and apparently on my busted hamstring too. So basically I groaned and mucked about on my mat, mainly wishing I’d stayed in bed.
Yesterday, and this is a good indication of my level of work motivation, I fiddled about on Asos for a good four hours and finally decided on these babies:
Poor abused credit card 🙁 Anyway … I just wish they’d get here already!
Today is a work day. Well it’s supposed to be. But not really. You can’t have a work day sandwiched between public holidays, especially after a four-day Easter weekend of excessive chocolate eating, hotcross-bun munching and wine drinking. My juice fast is long forgotten!
I learnt some things while stuffing myself full of sugar:
- There is no substitute for Lindt, whether it comes dressed in a gold bunny suit or in a slab with a little chilli or salt.
- It would be nice if predictably unreliable men surprised me by being unpredictably reliable.
- I have some very cool friends.
- Wine and whiskey on the same night leave a thumping headache.
- My chiropractor was right about energy being trapped in my lower back … backbends are back in action!
- Long weekends spent at home seem mundane on the surface, but turn out to be deliciously indulgent.
- It’s great to know that patterns are repeated until we get the lesson, but what would be better is knowing how to stop repeating the pattern in the first place!
- I don’t really get the royal wedding-hype thing – although marrying a Danish/Swedish prince might be a deviation from dating less-than-royal South African men (they are royal somethings, but definitely not royalty, if you get my drift 😉
I have been trying to find the perfect pair of everyday boots. Which means low heel, slouchy, comfortable, and probably ankle/mid-calf. No luck locally, but just look what is available from my favourite Scandinavian store 🙂 (ok, only two of them are boots, but who cares?):
Which of course takes us straight back to the benefits of marrying a Scandinavian prince 😉
This is the cutest cat in the world. And he’s mine for the kissing!
It’s all about the colour camel this winter! Get inspiration here.
I’m in lust with the jewels from Lauren Haupt. So delicate and simple, unique and so beautiful. Perfect for everyday, as she says.
Yesterday was my last day of the juice fast; I decided three days was enough 🙂 It’s really not that hard and we all know how quickly three days goes!
I felt good yesterday. The evenings are always the worst though, when my tummy is growling and I’m missing out of the social eating thing. Anyway, I’m hoping I’ve reset my body a bit, and can avoid the call of sugar!
One thing is for sure: oats never tasted so good 🙂
Yesterday I didn’t have the inclination to blog … which I guess tells you how day two of the juice fast went. I didn’t actually feel too bad until the afternoon struck and I started to think about rusks dipped in Earl Grey … Headache last night, and feeling hungry, but I had a good, albeit a little lethargic, practice this morning.
Today is the last day. It’s cold and I feel like warm, yummy food, but I have to say that juice fasting is not that hard … and it’s a really good way to up my quotient of fruits and veggies each day!
If you’re a regular visitor you’ll know I have a thing for ceramics.
I found this store, Mudpuppy, on Etsy. Look at the delights!
Read all about hair wear and head-gear here.
Yes siree, these make me happy!