Today is a work day. Well it’s supposed to be. But not really. You can’t have a work day sandwiched between public holidays, especially after a four-day Easter weekend of excessive chocolate eating, hotcross-bun munching and wine drinking. My juice fast is long forgotten!
I learnt some things while stuffing myself full of sugar:
- There is no substitute for Lindt, whether it comes dressed in a gold bunny suit or in a slab with a little chilli or salt.
- It would be nice if predictably unreliable men surprised me by being unpredictably reliable.
- I have some very cool friends.
- Wine and whiskey on the same night leave a thumping headache.
- My chiropractor was right about energy being trapped in my lower back … backbends are back in action!
- Long weekends spent at home seem mundane on the surface, but turn out to be deliciously indulgent.
- It’s great to know that patterns are repeated until we get the lesson, but what would be better is knowing how to stop repeating the pattern in the first place!
- I don’t really get the royal wedding-hype thing – although marrying a Danish/Swedish prince might be a deviation from dating less-than-royal South African men (they are royal somethings, but definitely not royalty, if you get my drift 😉
I have been trying to find the perfect pair of everyday boots. Which means low heel, slouchy, comfortable, and probably ankle/mid-calf. No luck locally, but just look what is available from my favourite Scandinavian store 🙂 (ok, only two of them are boots, but who cares?):
Which of course takes us straight back to the benefits of marrying a Scandinavian prince 😉