A friend posted the question on facebook yesterday “What would you tell your next reincarnation?” or, along the same lines, what would you tell your 10-year-old self if you could?
It’s an interesting one, and got me thinking. Self, just so you know:
- Get a yoga mat and practice
- Men are really not the be all and end all. Relationships are nice but damn they are hard work. Friends are where it’s at. And the ability to enjoy one’s own company.
- Hormones will get you into trouble … sometimes the best kind of trouble that still gives you goosebumps years later.
- Try and be as open-minded as possible and always check why you are really making the judgements you are. Most times it’s about you and not anyone else.
- Chocolate is a happy food.
- Pets are not to be underrated.
- Work through your issues – childhood or whatever – there are professionals to help who know what they are talking about.
- Love your body: it’s a work of beautiful science and mechanics. Use it or lose it. Feed and care for yourself as you would your own child.
- Nothing is really ever the end of the world (of course unless it really is the end of the world, which is another story entirely …).
- Commit to something/someone entirely, every time … at least you’ll know immediately if you are barking up the wrong tree.
- Fresh flowers and high thread-count cotton sheets … luxury.
- Things change. Relationships end. And there is never just one option. The only way out is through.
- Hug. Love. Touch.
- Fear fades in the doing of something scary. It lives in the anticipation.
- Never make someone your priority when you are their option.
- Educate yourself. Have informed opinions. Ignorance means you are asleep.
What would your words of wisdom be?