Last week was a quiet blogging week. In fact that was the only part of the week that was quiet, with the rest being packed with work, yoga and antihistamines. But it was a good week too … I feel best when I am busy, productive and participating in the economic climate.
Here’s what I learnt this weekend:
- Spring has poked its head out of winter’s duvet … soft, lime baby leaves and new shoots are appearing. It’s my favourite time of year. And added to that, the swallows will be back soon. Happiness.
- The busier I am the more time I have and the more energy I have to do stuff. It may not be that way for extended periods of time, but patches of frenetic work between consistently busy is seriously motivating.
- Human beings are insecure. Even the ones you think are robustly self confident: there’s always someone’s opinion they value, the person who has the capacity to make them question their worth.
- Tell people you value them and that you love them. It’s not always easy to say … but it’s always good to hear 🙂
- There are some ex-boyfriends that you phone and there is still a connection, a missing, a longing, and there are those who you speak to and there is … nothing. Nothing but sadness and memories of the way things once were. In both cases it’s best to make a cup of tea … and paint your nails instead.
- Contrary to popular opinion I have body issues, and this week was one where my body love was tested … by cellulite. Seriously, what is it all about? I feel a little defeated.
- There’s a sailor on my mind. This telepathy thing is harder than I thought