This has been a week I’d rather forget (and believe me, I’m all about seeing patterns and learning from them, etc, etc, but damn the last 7 days have kicked my ass!). In fact November (I usually love November as it’s my birthday month and indicates all sorts of much anticipated things like summer holidays, beaches, sea swimming and sleeping in late), has been a month from hell. Really. November 2011 almost had me in the ground (or at least on some serious coping medication).
And the last weekend in November pulled out all the stops and said: “Hey, bitch, you are 30 and awesome and everything, but for fuck sakes can you please sort your shit out!” Take three ex-boyfriends, one foot-in-mouth friend, too much wine, some insane blasts from the past, a long-desired unrequited flame, a bad case of an inability to say ‘no’ and some wild hormones, and you have the following:
- Exhaustion on a very basic level (and finally making some decisions because something had to give)
- A realisation that even when money is good, toxic work environments contaminate your soul (and may led to homicide)
- Ex-boyfriends arriving in your space literally one behind the other is something to take note of. Some represent a youthful love that has a special place in your heat always, but is so very far removed from who you are now; some represent something you’ve always wanted, never had, and on reflection may not want at all anymore; and some just leave a bitter-sweet taste in your mouth and a desire to shake your head and shout “Really?! Really?!”.
- Being on The Pill is not a joke and the beginning of that journey shouldn’t be taken lightly, because: goodbye contraceptive pill, hello mad moods and a body in turmoil.
- When I am unable to practice every morning, I need to reassess. When I am hating practicing, my body hurts all over and I keep hitting snooze, taking a few days off is ok.
- Thank God for the lightness of retail (thank you Anthropologie):