- Jo Malone Wild Fig and Cassis is flipping intoxicating. I’d jump straight into bed with me if I could. Really.
- I have my backbends, but now I’m terrified of losing them. Like really scared that I just won’t know how to stand up or drop back any more. Poof!
- Yoga leaves no room for wool-pulling over my own eyes. I’ve had an anxious, distracted week and that anxiety and distraction has not dissipated while hanging out in kapotasana … in fact, it’s heightened to the point where I’m in child, on my mat, wondering how on earth I’m ever going to get up. Through yoga I’ve become so aware of where my emotions sit in my body – twitching feet, aching nausea, restless tossing and turning at night, and gnawing anxiety in my belly. Yoga forces me to deal with everything I feel, immediately … sometimes I’d rather eat a slab of chocolate and drink alcohol, but mostly I’m glad that I cannot duck and dive facing my stuff.
- There’s nothing like family to make you examine your beliefs, prejudices and issues.
- There’s also nothing like a pretty, waif-like blonde, studying mathematics masters (and getting 100% for all her exams) to make you question your own judgemental jumped-to conclusions.
- Tea solves many problems.
And finally, some Easter humour: